This post may contain affiliate links.
I am in love with these Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers! I picked tons of peppers from my garden and decided that I wanted to shake it up a bit. I prepared these amazing gluten free and clean eating green peppers. Minus the quinoa they are also paleo too. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! In fact my husband turned his nose up at them until I put them on the plate and then he devoured them and asked for more. I would say that is a winner!
First I started off with Laura’s Lean Beef. I love to use Laura’s Lean Beef because it is a high quality product. My Dad works in Winchester, KY and we have known of this brand since the mid 80’s and long before it was “popular”. I have visited the farm as a girl and have a deep appreciate for the brand. Laura’s Lean Beef is all natural and raised with no antibiotics. They don’t use growth hormones and raise leaner beef (hence the name). I added to the beef a whole onion, 5 garlic cloves and started sauteing.
I prepared package of Roland Farms Quinoa as my beef browned. I chopped up a yellow and orange pepper and sauteed that with the beef and then used a paper towel to remove any excess fat (there was none). Next I added 2 cans of Red Gold Tomatoes (feel free to use fresh tomatoes) and I stirred in the cooked quinoa.
While my beef was browning I blanched my green peppers in boiling water for about 7-10 minutes. I placed them into a muffin pan and then sprinkled some cheese on top and allowed to melt on top in an oven. I am not eating dairy myself right now so this was great because I could add to those who wanted it. You could also use DAIYA non dairy cheese.
My family thought these were very tasty and best of all I kept the dish clean and healthy! By using fresh tomatoes instead of canned or canning yourself you can eliminate all prepared products from this dish. Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers are gluten free and a clean dinner recipe.
Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers
- 8 green peppers
- 1 orange pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 lbs ground beef I chose Laura's Lean Beef
- 1 package Roland Farms Quinoa I chose garlic
- 2 cans Red Gold Tomatoes or any brand canned or fresh tomatoes
- Cheese (full dairy or daiya) optional - sprinkle on top if desired
- In a skillet brown 2 lbs ground beef, 1 onion and 5 cloves of garlic.
- Add orange and yellow peppers and cook until tender.
- In a pan prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a pan blanch your cleaned green peppers until tender.
- Drain any fat from ground beef.
- Add quinoa and tomatoes and heat until bubbly.
- Place green peppers into a muffin pan.
- Spoon in meat mixture.
- Top with cheese, optional and heat in an oven at 350 degrees until melted.
Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”