This Reese's Nutter Butter Cookie Truffles Recipe is out of this world AMAZING! My family could not stop eating these dessert treats. My sister in law made them for a dessert to have for our weekly Sunday dinner at my parent's house. She had gone to a party the night before and had them. Her and my brother loved them so much they had to make them the next day for all of us to try and boy am I glad she did!
My sister in law had prepared the dough at home and when she got to my parent's house, she finished up with dipping them in the chocolate and adding sprinkles. There is no need for the sprinkles, but it does make them extra cute and you can coordinate for a party or the holidays. If you try these Reese's Nutter Butter Cookie Truffles Recipe and love them, be sure to try our recipe for Oreo Truffles!
Reese's Nutter Butter Cookie Truffles Recipe
- 16 ounces Nutter Butter Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups (quartered)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional for top
- Blend the Nutter Butter cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs.
- Then break up the cream cheese into chunks and blend that together with the crumbs in the food processor until well blended.
- Remove blade or transfer dough to another bowl.
- Gently fold in the quartered Reese’s peanut butter cups (In the recipe used the very small mini Reese’s that come unwrapped).
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Stick in the freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip the frozen balls into the melted chocolate.
- Cover them completely with chocolate, then lift up and gently tap to remove the excess chocolate (My sister in law used a plastic fork with the two middle tines broken out).
- Set back onto the cookie sheet covered in waxed paper.
- Immediately add the sprinkles before the chocolate sets up.
- The chocolate will set up quickly because the balls are so cold from being in the freezer.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.