Sauteed Black Beans is my families new favorite vegetarian side dish. Even my husband LOVED these! I was so glad I decided to think outside of the box for my family for this dish! It was so easy to prepare and inexpensive too! I love stretching my families budget by using dried beans - check out this post on how to soak dried beans.
I served my Sauteed Black Beans with some grilled veggies, plantain chips and grilled chicken with Citizen Chef Gluten Free Sauce.
Sauteed Black Beans
Sauteed Black Beans is my families new favorite vegetarian side dish. Even my husband LOVED these!
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained (or soak your own dried beans)
- 1/4 whole Red Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP fresh oregano
- In a large skillet saute red onions in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent.
- Add cumin and black beans and heat for 10 minutes
- Add fresh oregano
- Garnish with Cilantro
- Optional - place into a food processor and puree into a Black Bean Dip - Serve with Plantain or Tortilla Chips