Sauteed Black Beans is my families new favorite vegetarian side dish. Even my husband LOVED these! I was so glad I decided to think outside of the box for my family for this dish! It was so easy to prepare and inexpensive too! I love stretching my families budget by using dried beans - check out this post on how to soak dried beans.
I served my Sauteed Black Beans with some grilled veggies, plantain chips and grilled chicken with Citizen Chef Gluten Free Sauce.
Sauteed Black Beans
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained (or soak your own dried beans)
- ¼ whole Red Onion chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- In a large skillet saute red onions in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent.
- Add cumin and black beans and heat for 10 minutes
- Add fresh oregano
- Garnish with Cilantro
- Optional - place into a food processor and puree into a Black Bean Dip - Serve with Plantain or Tortilla Chips