Skinny Almond Joy Poke Cake is super yummy and so easy to make! This simple to make dessert recipe tastes just like the candy bar, just in the form of cake. Not only that is is light and the perfect dessert when you are hosting a party. I personally love Almond Joy so having a slice of this delicious cake was not a question for me.
My cousin Lindsey made this Skinny Almond Joy Poke Cake for our family’s Easter celebration get together. Everyone was getting seconds and asking for the recipe, which of course I had to get from her and share with all of you.
If you love poke cakes or you are looking for an easy to prepare dessert be sure to try this one. Also try this Banana Pudding Poke Cake.
Best of all this skinny version is a great option if you are watching what you eat. You can still enjoy a small piece of dessert without blowing your diet. Be sure to give it a try!
Skinny Almond Joy Poke Cake
- 1 box 15.25 oz. Triple Chocolate Cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 can 13.5 oz. light coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 box 0.9 oz. Sugar Free, Fat Free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 4 oz. Cool Whip Free
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted and salted almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, make cake by mixing cake mix, canned coconut milk, egg, water and almond extract on low speed of electric mixer until combined.
- Beat on medium for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake as directed on cake mix box for a 9" x 13" pan.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Once cake is cool, with the back of a wooden spoon handle, make holes in cake, spacing about a 1/2" apart and going about half way down into cake.
- Prepare pudding mixture by whisking pudding mix, milk and coconut extract together; Mix just until it begins to thicken and quickly pour into the holes in the cake.
- Spread top of cake with Cool Whip Free.
- Sprinkle with coconut, then chopped almonds and then mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired right before serving.
Thanks to Renee’s Kitchen Adventures for this amazing recipe!
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.