Skinny "Fried" Parmesan Chicken is packed full of taste and crunch! You get all the goodness of fried chicken but with half the fat and calories. Not to mention when you cook this scrumptious chicken in the oven it saves you the mess you get from frying. Just put it in the oven and forget about it for an hour or longer. Being able to do that is a huge time saver for me. I was able to boil my golden potatoes, help with homework and fold some laundry during the time my chicken was baking.
I am a huge fan of Rachel Ray and in this recipe I used Parmesan Reggiano which is something that she is always raving about on her show. Now if you don't have any do not worry you can substitute and use regular Parmesan grated cheese.
So next time you are craving some fried chicken but want a healthier version then be sure to try Skinny "Fried" Parmesan Chicken! I served mine with skin on mashed golden potatoes (recipe coming soon) and sweet golden corn.
Skinny "Fried" Parmesan Chicken
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 pound butter melted
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow glass dish or bowl, combine the minced garlic with the melted butter or margarine.
- In another small bowl mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Let rest 3 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.