This Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is hands down our family favorite healthy chicken crockpot recipe. It is a weekly staple at our house. We like that you can can eat it whole or shred it and serve on buns. Regardless of how you choose to serve it your family will be happy you did. I like to eat it without a bun when I am limiting my carbs. It is so delicious you will never miss the bun. If you are gluten free you can also serve on a gluten free bun.
This is a great freezer meal. Freezer Cooking saves me so much time and money when it comes to menu planning. When I plan in advance I am able to save myself the dreaded question of "what is for dinner". I simply select one of my freezer meals from the deep freezer and place it into the refrigerator the night before. No worries if you forget. Just pull one out in the morning and run some hot water over "to loosen" and place into your slow cooker. I find that if you are going to be gone for an 8 hour work day, placing them in semi-frozen works well for cook time too.
To prepare lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Dump in all the ingredients into a gallon size storage bag and mix thoroughly. Remove all the air from the bag and freeze. When ready to prepare remove from the freezer and thaw overnight. Place all contents into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.This is a recipe the whole family will love. It is a Whole 30 compliant recipe and paleo too!
I like to serve this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken with Cole Slaw and Curly Fries.
- 4 chicken breasts (20 oz)
- BBQ sauce 10 oz (I use Tessemae's)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt/pepper optional
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Dump in all ingredients into a gallon size storage bag and mix thoroughly.
- Remove all air from the bag and freeze.
- When ready to prepare remove from the freezer and thaw overnight.
- Place all contents into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.