Slow Cooker Chicken Broth recipe is a great way to make chicken broth and have cooked chicken to freeze! I love to use this method to make my chicken broth that I use for recipes and then I shred the chicken and freeze for future recipes as well. It's a 2 in 1 deal! All you need is fresh veggies, spices and chicken. I will usually use onions, tomatoes, celery and carrots with spices, but sometimes I just use what I have leftover for the week.
I place everything in the crockpot with water and let it slowly cook all day. After about 8 hours I pull out the chicken and set it to the side. Next I spoon out all the veggies and pour the broth into mason jars to store in the fridge until I am ready to use it. Such a simple way to make chicken broth using your slow cooker. Slow Cooker Chicken Broth recipe is the BEST way to make homemade broth!
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 large onion cut into large pieces
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups water
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Place lid on top and cook on low 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and set to the side.
- Remove all veggies and discard.
- Slowly pour chicken broth into container and store in the fridge or freeze for future use.
- Shred chicken and freeze or use in recipe right away.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.