Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup is a great addition to our Taco Tuesday menu! Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite things. In the winter months, I crave soups and hot foods. This soup is a perfect choice for me since I can not eat red meat. The boys enjoy their tacos while I enjoy my Chicken Enchilada Soup!
This recipe can also be a freezer meal! I love finding and creating easy slow cooker recipes that I can just dump all the ingredients in the bag and put it straight in the freezer. A lot of the meals I make do not have to be cooked before freezing, which is a huge time saver. I served this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup Freezer Meal with tortilla chips, sour cream and fresh cilantro. I also used my 6 QT Green Bay Packers crockpot because I am a cheese head, loud and proud. Click here to get one --->Green Bay.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 32 oz. carton chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 10 oz. can Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 4 cups colby-jack cheese shredded
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned
- Garnish with toppings such as sour cream mozzarella shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado and/or tomatoes
- Label freezer bag with cooking instructions and date.
- Place all ingredients into freezer bag, except corn, crushed tortillas and garnish toppings.
- Thaw in fridge over night.
- Dump bag into slow cooker along with crushed tortilla chips and cook on low approximately 6 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to end of cook time, remove chicken breasts & shred.
- Stir contents of slow cooker, making sure all cheese is incorporated.
- Add shredded chicken back to slow cooker along with corn.
- Stir & finish cooking time.
- Garnish as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Freezer Meal Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.