Who doesn't like Pot Pie? This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Freezer Meal is perfect on a cool Fall night. I am a true southerner and comfort food is life! We try to limit our comfort food but Pot Pie is one of my favorite things. It is not every day you can get everyone in the family to really enjoy everything about a meal. This recipe passed the dinner test.
I served the delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Freezer Meal with fresh hot biscuits. Hot biscuits are another one of my favorite comfort foods! This is the perfect time to check out Melissa's Grandmother's recipe. Granny's Angel Biscuits are a great choice to side with this delicious pot pie.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk preferably whole milk
- 1 package of biscuits for serving
- Label freezer bag with cooking instructions and date.
- Place everything in the bag except butter, flour and milk.
- Freeze together in the freezer until ready to use.
- Thaw in fridge over night.
- Dump bag into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken into chunks with forks.
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in flour until well blended.
- Add the milk.
- Whisking often, heat until it bubbles and thickens.
- Add thickened liquid to the slow cooker and mix it in well.
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the biscuits.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serve and enjoy!
More Freezer Meal Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.