Enjoy this slow cooker chicken with sweet potatoes and green beans as a freezer meal and then simply thaw it and cook it when you are ready to eat it.
We really enjoyed this delicious paleo and Whole 30 compliant dinner that is also gluten free. If you are looking for a complete chicken supper that you can cook in your slow cooker this, is it!
I wasn't sure how I would enjoy the green beans, but they turned out great. Best of all I put this into the crockpot in the morning and was gone all day. When we came home after soccer the house smelled delicious and dinner was ready.
If you are not eating Whole 30 or Paleo, we thought the addition of corn bread would be an amazing accompaniment to this recipe. However, we were and were 100% satisfied without it.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftover for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs. of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I hope your family enjoys this Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans meal as much as mine did!
Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
- 4-6 whole boneless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used 2 lbs.)
- 1 pound fresh sweet potatoes cut up into large chunks
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Spice Hound Adobe Seasoning blend of garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, black pepper
- 1 whole fresh garlic clove crushed and minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon raw honey - optional
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides
- Place all ingredients except chicken broth into a freezer safe bag.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into slow cooker and add 1 cup chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Whole 30 Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.