This post may contain affiliate links.
I am in love with these garlic chicken drumsticks! They were a huge hit with my entire family and no-one realized they were Paleo. I was able to prepare this recipe and then freeze it. I simply thawed it the night before and then tossed it into the slow cooker in the morning. When we got home from our day we were able to enjoy these moist and juicy drumsticks for dinner. It is also a nice low carb, Keto friendly recipe!
I put the drumsticks into the oven and broiled them for 4 minutes to crisp up the skin after they came out of the slow cooker and they were so delicious. They tasted like they had been oven roasted with the crispy skin but moist and tender on the inside. This recipe is also Whole30 compliant and naturally gluten free.
Simply add all ingredients except chicken broth to a freezer safe bag. Mix together well and freeze. The night before you are ready to cook thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Optional – Transfer to a baking dish and broil for 4 minutes on high to crisp the skin. (I added the onions and garlic too).
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. ! I served these slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks with roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! This recipe is included in our popular Beginner Keto Meal Plan.
Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup fresh onion sliced thin
- 8 fresh chicken legs 2 per person
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Add all ingredients except chicken broth to a freezer safe bag.
- Mix together well.
- The night before you are ready to cook thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Optional - Transfer to a baking dish and broil for 4 minutes on high to crisp the skin. (I added the onions and garlic too).