If you are looking for a satisfying healthy freezer meal look no further! Honey Dijon Pork Chops with Red Potatoes is a delicious recipe the whole family will love. My husband loves meat and potatoes so I though this would be right up his alley. I am glad I was right! He really enjoyed it.
When preparing this as a freezer meal be sure to wash and dry your potatoes well. You do not want them to be wet when placing them into the bag because it will help them to keep their original texture. You can always choose not to freeze them and add them at the time you cook. However, I took the chance and froze them and we thought they still tasted fine.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. We did decide that the addition of green beans or another vegetable would be welcomed so I added that to the recipe before cooking. I forgot to take a picture before we ate but it was delicious! If you want this to be Paleo just swap out the red potatoes for sweet potatoes and if you are on Whole30 simply omit the honey.
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Pork Chops with Red Potatoes recipe as much as we do. It is really filling and delicious!
- 4 thick cut pork chops I used 2 lbs
- 4 large fresh red potatoes use Sweet Potatoes for Paleo
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar free Dijon Mustard I use Tessamae's Brand which is Whole30 approved
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP raw honey omit if Whole30
- ½ tsp ground onion powder
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh green beans or fresh carrots
- Combine all ingredients except chicken broth into a freezer safe bag.
- Mix well.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into slow cooker and add ½ cup chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!