Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Piccata was a hit with my family. If you love lemon, you are going to love this recipe.
It was so moist there was no need for a knife. I served this with roasted potatoes, but you could easily serve with rice or riced cauliflower. The chicken had a light lemon flavor, and the capers and parsley added a nice flavor and color contrast.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftover for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs. of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I love that this is an easy freezer meal too! Just simply add all of your ingredients into a gallon size freezer safe bag except for your lemon and chicken broth and freeze. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to cook place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and fresh lemon on top, cover and cook on low. Best of all this is a Whole 30 compliant recipe and is naturally gluten free too!
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Piccata Recipe as much as we did. It is a light and healthy freezer meal that the whole family will love.
Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Piccata
- 4-6 whole Boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs (I used 2 lbs.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup capers, rinse and drain juice - 2.4 oz jar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 whole lemon sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper optional
- In a gallon size freezer safe bag combine all ingredients except fresh lemon and chicken broth.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and fresh lemons on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove lemons and salt and pepper if desired.
Whole 30 Recipes: