I am excited to share this Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Freezer Meal with you today. If you are looking for an easy and flavorful Keto Diet Freezer Meal this is it! To prep all you do is dump the ingredients into a freezer bag and then place into the freezer. When you are ready to prepare you simply thaw in in the refrigerator overnight and place it into the slow cooker. If you don't want to freeze it that is no problem just simply dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker. I like to serve this dish with rice or cauliflower rice if I am eating Whole30 or Low Carb.
To spice this recipe up feel free to add more red pepper flakes. My family doesn't like spicy food so I tend to cook with less red pepper. You can always add even more heat with additional spices or hot sauce.
This Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chicken can be served over Cauliflower Rice if you are eating low carb or rice if you are not. Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Freezer Meal is so flavorful and easy to prep!
I personally like to use boneless chicken thighs because I think it makes for a delicious Keto Diet Dinner. My husband is a fan of chicken breasts. Whichever cut that you prefer I hope you enjoy this delicious Keto Diet Recipe.
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh onion chopped
- 1 large fresh green pepper seeded and chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24 oz jarred roasted red peppers with juices
- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients except chicken broth in a gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.