Sausage and Sauerkraut has always been my favorite comfort food meal since I was a little girl. Now as an adult it brings back such memories, but I decided to switch it up the last time I made it and I now have a new favorite called Slow Cooker Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut. Trust me you are going to want to give this recipe a try!
I would request Sausage and Sauerkraut for my birthday dinner every year and now I will make this tasty recipe this year! This delicious meal is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! In my recipe for Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut I use breakfast sausage links but you can use any type of sausage that you prefer.
To prepare simply heat a large pot over med-high heat on the stove top. Add breakfast sausage links to pot and pour bottle of Angry Orchard in (if you don’t want to use alcohol you can use apple cider). Soft boil the sausage links for about 15 minutes and pour from the skillet into the crockpot. Cut open sauerkraut bag and squeeze just the juice out into a drain or use a colander if you are using canned sauerkraut.
Add the sauerkraut to the crockpot and stir well. Add apples (I like Granny Smith) and place lid onto the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I almost always serve Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato and Buttery Brussel Sprouts with this wonderful recipe. Some people like to serve with mashed potatoes though.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Slow Cooker Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut recipe as much as I do! It is soon to be a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Apple Sauerkraut
- 1 bag of sauerkraut
- 1 pkg 1 lb breakfast sausage links
- 1 12 oz bottle of Angry Orchard
- 3 Granny Smith Apples sliced
- Heat a large pot over med-high heat.
- Add breakfast sausage links to pot and pour bottle of Angry Orchard in.
- Soft boil the sausage links for about 15 minutes and pour the skillet into the crockpot..
- Cut open sauerkraut bag and squeeze just the juice out into a drain.
- Add sauerkraut to the crockpot, stir well.
- Add apples and place lid on.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Check out these other delicious recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.