This scrumptious Slow Cooker Turkey Stuffed Peppers is a great healthy family dinner that is also a freezer meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing twenty crockpot freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With end of the school year activities in full swing and summer break coming, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family. This is one of the 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 4 Hours Plan.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This healthy turkey crockpot recipe was one of the tastiest meals that only my husband and I enjoyed (the kids did not want to try) out of all the slow cooker meals. This recipe is naturally gluten free. I like using ground turkey as an alternative to ground beef. It is a nice way to incorporate a heart healthy protein into your diet.
Slow Cooker Turkey Stuffed Peppers is so good and it’s an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. Slow Cooker Turkey Stuffed Peppers is a healthy easy freeze crockpot meal!
Slow Cooker Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 small green bell peppers tops cut off and cleaned
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Label gallon size freezer bag with name of recipe, date and instructions.
- In a large bowl mix ground turkey, onion, garlic and 2 Tbsp of pasta sauce.
- Separate the mixture into four parts and place in peppers.
- Add remaining sauce to a freezer bag and seal.
- Place the peppers and bag of sauce into bag and seal.
- Place in freezer.
- To Cook: Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Place peppers into olive oil coated slow cooker and top with sauce.
- Carefully pour water around peppers.
- Place lid on.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Freezer Meals Recipes and Ideas
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.