Slow Cooker Whole Chicken is a great low carb dinner recipe! I put this in my crockpot the morning of our Savvy Saturday Conference and had been gone all day spending my time with all of you wonderful readers and followers who came to the conference. Afterwards I headed home and came through the door to such a savory aroma of this chicken cooking. It smelled amazing and I was ready to eat!
It was so simple to put together that morning before I headed out the door and I made some stuffing and a veggie to go with it. Be sure to try this to make your chicken the next time because it came out so moist and tender! I will use this method from now on instead of the oven! This is a must pin! This recipe is gluten free and Paleo too. If you are following the Keto Diet you will love this Keto Friendly Recipe! A great low carb side dish is Cauliflower Rice Recipe that is perfect to serve it with.
This Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe is my favorite for Sunday Dinner. I hope your family enjoys this moist and juicy slow cooker whole chicken as much as we did. If you like a crispy skin you can place it in the over for a couple of minutes under broil to crisp it up. You might enjoy serving it with Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole. It is a delicious side dish recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 5 lbs. fresh Whole Chicken
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 clove Garlic
- 11 baby Carrot
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. Whole Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup Water
- Place vegetables on the bottom of your
- slow cooker: onion (cut in half), carrots,
- bay leaves, garlic and whole black pepper.
- Add water.
- Next blend together sea salt, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley flakes in small bowl.
- Rub seasoning blend all over the chicken.
- Cook in slow cooker for at least 7-8 hours
- on low.
- Remove from slow cooker to a plate.
- Let rest for 3-4 minutes then slice and serve.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.