This post may contain affiliate links.
Smoked Turkey Cranberry-Orange Sandwiches are the perfect finger food and so festive for the holidays. I love the combination of turkey, cranberry and orange in one! If you are hosting a holiday tea or brunch Smoked Turkey Cranberry-Orange Sandwiches are certain to be a huge hit on your menu plan.
This recipe is amazing with leftover fresh smoked turkey from Thanksgiving and is a great way to use your leftover cranberry sauce too! You don’t have to cut this into a finger food – it is great as a full size sandwich too!
My Mom gave this recipe to me and it is a family favorite! Best of all you can prepare it on any kind of bread. By using gluten free bread this can become a delicious gluten free Thanksgiving leftover.
In a small bowl, combine whole cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and freshly grated orange zest. Cover and refrigerate the mixture at least one hour before serving for flavors to blend. I always do this on Thanksgiving Day so that we have it ready to go on the day after for leftovers. When you make your sandwich simply spread mixture on bread slices, top with turkey and lettuce and they are ready to enjoy! My husband likes these as much as if not more than the actual turkey on Thanksgiving Day!
Smoked Turkey and Cranberry-Orange Sandwiches
- ½ cup prepared whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- ½ pound thinly slices deli smoked turkey
- 20 slices bread good quality dense bread is best
In a small bowl, combine whole cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and freshly grated orange zest.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture at least one hour for flavors to blend.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- Top 10 slices of bread with sliced turkey and cover with remaining bread slices to assemble.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to remove the bread crusts and cut sandwich into desired shapes.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: