This post may contain affiliate links.
In late November I found myself planning a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We have never taken a Multi-generational trip with the family and this was the perfect time to start planning. My Mom was turning 69 and my husband was turning the BIG 40, so we wanted to celebrate together. Muti-Generational travel can be very stressful to plan. We have ages that span between 11 and 71. In this day and age it is hard to find something that pleases everyone. I was so excited when we ran across Gatlinburg Falls Resorts because my worries were over. Smokey Mountain Cabin Rentals at Gatlinburg Falls Resorts is a deluxe luxury cabin suitable for any mountain vacation. In early February, 11 of us packed up to enjoy an amazing weekend as a family!
Top ten questions when renting a cabin for Multi-Generational travel?
- Location – Is it close to all the entertainment, hiking, restaurants, and shopping you are interested in? Remember in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge it can take 30 minutes to go 5 miles during busy times. Gatlinburg Falls is a perfect location!
- Activities within the cabin – Are there hot tubs, arcade games, pool table, hockey table, and places for enough people to play cards or other games.
- Stairs – This is very important when traveling with people with physical limitations. The 5 Star Lodge, where we stayed, has one bedroom on the main floor otherwise there are quite a few stairs.
- Bedrooms – Does everyone have enough space? This is important when traveling with multiple people. Gatlinburg Falls can accommodate small to large parties!
- Bathrooms – Are there enough available bathrooms for your party size?
- Kitchen seating – I know this may not be a huge thought for people but when you sit down to eat breakfast it becomes very important. We loved all the room in the 5 Star Lodge!
- Living room and entertainment room seating – Is there enough space for everyone? We loved this about the 5 Star Lodge! There was plenty of room for everyone to move around!
- Does your rental include: towels, sheets, bathroom items, dishes, and other household items? This resort had everything. However, if you stay long periods of time you will need to replenish soaps, shampoo, conditioners, and things like that.
- Is there a cleaning fee after checkout?
- When is check in and check out?
Gatlinburg Falls is in a really nice location! I was looking for something that was easy to get in and out of. We love to go to Pigeon Forge and we also love to walk down the Gatlinburg Strip. The perfect thing is when you are arriving at the resort you come in and turn at traffic light one. This means you will not have to go through downtown to get to your cabin, if you are coming from Pigeon Forge. To me this is a huge plus. We didn’t have to deal with actual Gatlinburg traffic unless we were specifically going there.
We chose to stay at Gatlinburg Falls because we had everything we wanted in this property! Something to remember, this is in a resort area so the cabins are close together. This did not have any affect on our stay. We loved all the amenities and the view was very pretty. There are so many cabins to choose from but we decided on the 5 Star Lodge. This cabin has 5 king bedrooms, 2 queen sleeper sofas, and 2 twin sleeper sofas. Everyone will enjoy the interior with its home theater, fireplace, and 7 flat screen TV’s with premium cable.
I think the game room was the favorite place to be! It is stocked with a Pool Table, Pin Ball Machine, Air Hockey, Golden Tee, and a Ms. Pac Man/Galaga arcade game. We have decided my Dad really needs his own Pin Ball Machine. When we would be ready to go somewhere he would be playing Pin Ball. We loved the cabin so much we were slow on getting out the door. We really enjoyed the time to sit around, talk, and the competition in the game room was pretty steep. We are a family who loves to play games so we spent a lot of time at the table playing dominoes and cards. It is not very often you have all of us in one place at the same time. Another great note: If you are there when weather permits you will also have access to the resort swimming pool.
Checking in and out was pretty easy! Check in is at 4 but just like any other resort you could still have to wait. We took our time getting there and had lunch in Pigeon Forge. All the cabins are coded locks so it is so easy for everyone to come and go as they please. Check out is at 10 am prompt. These rentals seem to be pretty busy so they have to get in and clean for the next group. One of the things I was impressed with is how clean the cabin was. Things do have normal wear and tear but the cabin was very clean and cozy! Checkout was completely painless, which is a huge plus, for people like me who travel a lot.
Another amazing perk of staying at Gatlinburg Falls is the awesome coupons they give you! We found these extremely helpful and they saved us a few bucks here and there.
Over $400 in discounts
They partnered with some of the top attractions in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge to offer discounts to their guests. At check-in, your family will get a coupon package including a free adult ticket to great attractions such as:
Free Tickets & Gift Coupons
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Free adult ticket
- MagiQuest – Free adult ticket
- The TOMB – Free adult ticket
- Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum – Free adult ticket
- Country Tonite – Free adult ticket
- Adventure Tree Tops Ropes Course – Zone 1 ticket
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster – Free adult ticket
- Xtreme Racing Center – Free adult ticket
- Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens – Free adult ticket
- Legacy Mountain Ziplines – Free adult ticket
- Walden Creek Riding Stables – Free horse ride
- Rafting in the Smokies – Free rafting trip
- Smoky Mountain Outdoors Rafting – Free rafting trip
- Ober Gatlnburg Aerial Tramway – Free round trip
The attractions in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are limitless. There is no way you can possibly do everything! We have been back and forth many times and still can’t. I will say this was my favorite trip to Gatlinburg. The amenities were great and spending time with my family is a memory that is priceless!
Check out our other Smokey Mountain Articles!
Disclosure: We were provided our stay at Gatlinburg Falls in Galtinburg, Tennessee but the opinions expressed were 100% my own.