This Spicy Sausage Queso is my go to recipe for us when we host parties. It is a crowd pleaser for sure. You can't go wrong with the combination of cheese and sausage.
You could serve this tortilla chips, pita bread or in a bread bowl. We love to serve this at our holiday parties and on game day! It is easily made in the microwave and keeps warm in the crockpot.
It is so easy to prepare. In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through. You could also place this into a slow cooker.
Serve with garlic toast, in a bread bowl or with tortilla chips. Trust me everyone will love this hearty Spicy Sausage Queso. It is perfect for a large crowd. It feeds a lot and is perfect for game day! Best of all it is naturally gluten free. Simply serve with gluten free tortilla chips or gluten free garlic toast and this is good for anyone to enjoy. Spice it up or down depending on how much heat you enjoy. Personally I keep it pretty mild because my husband doesn't enjoy spicy foods.
Spicy Sausage Queso
- 1 package 16 ounces Johnsonville® Hot All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 pounds Velveeta® process cheese cubed
- 1 jar 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package Garlic toast
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicier dish.
- Serve garlic toast with diced tomatoes and chopped black olives. Or you can serve in a bread bowl or with tortilla chips.
- To serve in a bread bowl, cut off the top of a round loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon queso into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.
Check out these Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.