Spinach Dip Bread Bowl is one of my favorite, scrumptious appetizer recipes to make for a party. Whether I am hosting the party at my home or attending one at a family or friends home. Because this is a great recipe to take to other ones, it travels well. Plus as an added bonus you can make it ahead of time. I always make it the day or night before I need it. The dip also taste better the longer it can sit, so overnight is a good time frame. Gives all the spices time to marinate together. But if you are short on time you need to at least let it sit two hours or longer. I keep it in a bowl in the fridge overnight and right before serving, spoon it into the bread bowl.
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl is a great delicious appetizer for the upcoming Labor Day weekend and holidays. My family loves when I bring it for Thanksgiving and I always make sure to bring extra bread, because there never seems to be enough. Be sure to give this appetizer recipe a try, you will not be disappointed at all!
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
- 2 boxes 10 oz frozen spinach leaves, chopped (do not use fresh, frozen only)
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise do not substitute for miracle whip
- 1 envelope onion soup mix powder (from 2 oz box)
- 1 container 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cans 8 oz each water chestnuts (chopped or diced)
- 3 Green onions finely chopped
- 1 loaf Hawaiian or sourdough bread
- Soak both packages of frozen spinach in warm water to defrost.
- Drain spinach well. Ring out spinach like a wet towel to squeeze out excess juice, with hands.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup packet, mayo, green onion and water chestnuts. You may add as much mayo and/or sour cream to satisfy your taste. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2-4 hrs)
- Hollow out a large, round loaf of Hawaiian Bread (or Sourdough), leaving at least a 2 inch wall. Place bread bowl on tray and pour in the dip. (Place extra bread pieces around spinach bowl for easy to get, bite sized pieces to dip with.)
- Use another loaf of bread to tear more pieces with and place around bowl. (Try out different kinds of breads. My favorites are the sweet Hawaiian rolls and sourdough.)
- Serve & enjoy!
More Appetizer Recipes You May Enjoy:
Funeral Rolls (Everyone’s Favorite)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.