Spinach Dip Bread Bowl is one of my favorite appetizer recipes to make for a party. Whether I am hosting the party at my home or attending one, this is one of quick and easy recipes to make.
One of the greatest things about this recipe is it travels well! Plus as an added bonus you can make it ahead of time. I always make it the day or night before I need it. The dip also taste better the longer it can sit, so overnight is a good time frame. This gives all the spices time to marinate together. If you are short on time you need to at least let it sit two hours or longer. I keep it in a bowl in the fridge overnight and right before serving, spoon it into the bread bowl.
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl is a great delicious appetizer for the upcoming Labor Day weekend and holidays. My family loves when I bring it for Thanksgiving and I always make sure to bring extra bread, because there never seems to be enough. Be sure to give this appetizer recipe a try, you will not be disappointed at all!
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
- 2 boxes 10 oz. frozen spinach leaves, chopped (do not use fresh, frozen only)
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise do not substitute for miracle whip
- 1 whole envelope onion soup mix powder (from 2 oz. box)
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 2 cans 8 oz each water chestnuts (chopped or diced)
- 3 tablespoon Green onions finely chopped
- 1 round loaf Hawaiian or sourdough bread
- Soak both packages of frozen spinach in warm water to defrost.
- Drain spinach well. Ring out spinach like a wet towel to squeeze out excess juice, with hands.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup packet, mayo, green onion and water chestnuts. You may add as much mayo and/or sour cream to satisfy your taste. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2-4 hrs)
- Hollow out a large, round loaf of Hawaiian Bread (or Sourdough), leaving at least a 2 inch wall. Place bread bowl on tray and pour in the dip. (Place extra bread pieces around spinach bowl for easy to get, bite sized pieces to dip with.)
- Use another loaf of bread to tear more pieces with and place around bowl. (Try out different kinds of breads. My favorites are the sweet Hawaiian rolls and sourdough.)
- Serve & enjoy!
More Appetizer Recipes You May Enjoy:
Funeral Rolls (Everyone's Favorite)
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.