Stephanie's Creamy Potato Soup Recipe made in the slow cooker is my favorite comfort meal of all time. Every year I serve potato soup on Halloween night for my family and friends. We enjoy a bowl before trick or treating and then when we return we enjoy another bowl of the hot soup, which is a welcome comfort on a cold night. My family loves to add toppings such as shredded cheese, bacon crumbles green onions and sour cream. But you can adapt and use any of your family favorites.
The great thing about this soup is you can add everything right in your slow cooker. Which if you follow me here on the blog you know I love using my slow cookers to make everything! The hash browns are the secret ingredient. Just use 1 (30 oz) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed), 3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth or 4 chicken bouillon cubes with 3 cups water, 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup. 1/2 cup chopped onion. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste) and 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened).
To prepare simply combine the potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Top with desired toppings such as bacon, green onions, shredded cheese or salt and pepper.
Be sure to give Stephanie's Creamy Potato Soup Recipe, you will not be disappointed at all. It is the perfect comfort food on a cold winter day. Trust me you won't be disappointed once you give it a try. You serve it with crackers or a nice crusty French loaf of bread.
Stephanie's Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 30 oz bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed)
- 3 14 oz cans chicken broth or 4 chicken bouillon cubes with 3 cups water
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper more to taste
- 1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
- Optional Toppings: cheese bacon, sliced green onions
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Top with desired toppings.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.