Strawberry Banana Bread is out of this world delicious! Adding strawberries to an already amazing banana bread recipe was a huge success. I love making banana bread when my bananas start to turn. Well on this particular day I had some strawberries in the fridge and at the last second decided to slice them up and add to the recipe. I am so glad that I did! My husband and children loved the new recipe. Now they are excited for me to make this again very soon.
Did you know you can freeze bananas? That is a great tip for over ripe bananas or bananas that you find on managers special.
Strawberry Banana Bread is delicious and perfect for breakfast or a treat!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas smashed
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Amazing Bread Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.