This year I planted green peppers and I have to say I was so excited when the first dozen were ready to be picked! I immediately decided to make stuffed green peppers with them. They had a great flavor and my husband keeps checking the vine for more! Stuffed Green Peppers makes a great dish to freeze too! Just stop before placing in the oven and freeze. Allow to thaw before baking and enjoy!
Stuffed Green Peppers are easy to make and perfect for summer! A great tip is to place them into muffin tin when you are filling and to bake. It keeps them from turning over and spilling out all the goodness. This recipe makes a great freezer meal too!
Stuffed Green Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Rice
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/4 cup onions
- 12 green peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef and saute onions.
- Drain grease (I also rinse under warm water).
- While ground beef is cooking (or before) prepare and clean 12 green peppers. Remove tops and seeds.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add peppers.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Return beef back to skillet and add tomato soup and rice.
- Stir until well mixed and heated through.
- Pour into green peppers.
- I placed into a muffin stone to bake (to help stand up). Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add cheese on top of peppers and allow to melt.
Recipes You May Enjoy: