Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole is an amazing way to start your day It is perfect if you are carb cycling because it is packed full of healthy carbs and protein. This casserole is dairy free and wheat free and tastes so good! It is also Whole 30 approved, which seems to be all the rage right now for getting healthy and back on track. To learn more about it click here - Whole 30. My friend, Amanda and her husband are currently on the Whole 30 and she made this delicious casserole. They sent me the recipe and they swear by it!
You can prep this on Sunday night so on Monday morning you can bake it and enjoy it. Then you can have it the rest of the week by simply heating it up. What a great way to start your morning with a healthy breakfast. Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole is easy to make and you will love the scrumptious taste. Be sure to try it soon, you will not be disappointed!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound ground meat of your choice (pork, chicken, turkey, bison)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel
- 1/6 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes appox. 3-4 potatoes
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (optional)
- 12 eggs large - extra large
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- In a skilled combine the pork, garlic powder, salt, thyme, sage, fennel, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Cook until almost done.
Add the onions and green peppers and finish cooking.
Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes on a pan and broil on high for 10 minutes, stir and broil another 5 minutes.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk and eggs then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread broiled sweet potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Put in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
This is a great recipe to prep on Sunday and enjoy all week long. Simply bake and then cut into pieces and place in an airtight container.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.