This yummy Taco Casserole Recipe is a great family dinner meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family's dinners. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This tasty recipe has been a family favorite dinner so far out of all the freezer meals. I served the delicious Taco Casserole as a complete dinner meal and for dessert we had Mexican Fried Ice Cream.
Taco Casserole Recipe is so good and it's an easy freeze oven ready supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 zucchini shredded optional
- 1 cups of corn
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 1 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis aka rotel
- 1 package of Taco seasoning or 4 tablespoons of homemade seasoning
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 9 x13 pan
- Label a 9x13 freezer container with date, name and cooking instructions.
- First brown your ground turkey or beef.
- Add in chopped onions and zucchini (this is optional) and cook until soft.
- Stir in Taco seasoning.
- Add corn, tomatoes and beans.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- Spoon 2 cups of rice into the bottom of pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and label.
- To reheat, let thaw overnight in fridge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered with the foil.
- Then remove foil and cook until the top is nice and brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Posts You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.