Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is a great hot breakfast for the weekend or on Christmas morning! I make this on most holiday mornings because I can prep it ahead of time and just add a few things in the morning. Then all you have to do is pop it in the oven. I promise you everyone will love this delicious breakfast casserole and you will not have any leftovers, at least that was the case in my house.
Tater tots, eggs, sausage, cheese ... what's not to love about this casserole! This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe is even great for a weeknight brinner. What's brinner you ask, it's when you have breakfast for dinner and we love to do that in our family. Be sure to try this casserole for Christmas morning, you will not be disappointed!
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup milk
- 16 oz pkg frozen tater tots
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13X9 baking dish.
- Brown your sausage, drain grease and spread in bottom of baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Cover the sausage in the casserole dish with the egg mixture.
- Cover with one cup of cheese (If you will be serving this the next morning like I did, cover and refrigerate at this point, you will be performing the next steps in the morning).
- Spread 16 oz of tater tots on top of the cheese.
- Add the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.