This is the Best Beef Brisket You Will Ever Eat. This year for Christmas I decided to do something different. In years past I have made the traditional turkey or ham but this year I thought why not try a beef brisket.
Honestly I had never cooked one before and that felt a little risky considering I was entertaining my in-laws but I thought why not go for it! I am so glad I did. It was such an easy cut of meat to prepare. My family loved it and it made delicious BBQ brisket sandwiches for leftovers the day after!
I hosted my sister friend Teresa's family for a meal on the day after Christmas. They were in town from Mississippi and I was thrilled when her husband Duane expressed how good it was. We all loved it as a BBQ served on buns. Hopefully you will enjoy this as much as we did.
When I decided to make a beef brisket I talked to the butcher to get tips for success and he suggested I marinade it for up to 48 hours and that I roast it low and slow. He said that is the trick to a juicy beef brisket and I couldn't agree more!
He also told me to be sure to leave the fat on until after I cooked it and to cook it with the fat side up. After marinating when you are ready to cook place it into the oven or transfer to an electric roaster. Roast at 300 degrees for approximately 40 minutes per pound. I roasted mine for 8 hours. It was literally falling apart when it came out of the roasting pan. If I was to do this again (and I will) I would NOT use the rack so it would sit down even more into the marinade. Also if you pull it out and it is not fork tender - simply stick it back into the oven for additional time.
Be sure to let your brisket rest before you trim the fat off and cut up (with the grain) or shred for serving. It is delicious! You could serve with potatoes and carrots or even better with a delicious BBQ sauce. We served the leftovers on buns with cole slaw, baked beans and potato salad. On Christmas Eve I served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli salad. This turned out to be Best Beef Brisket You Will Ever Eat! This is perfect for holiday's and special occasions.
The Best Beef Brisket You Will Ever Eat
- 1 13 lb Beef Brisket choose size you desire - I did a 13 pounds
- 1 48 oz Beef Broth enough to fill the roasting pan - 2 inches in depth. I used 48 oz
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Pour beef broth into a pan.
- In a bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce, onion powder and lemon juice and whisk together.
- Pour into beef broth and stir.
- Add your chopped garlic.
- Finally add your beef brisket fat side up and pour some of the marinade on the top of the fat.
- Cover with foil and place in your fridge and marinate your beef brisket for 24-48 hours.
- When you are ready to cook place it into the oven or transfer liquids and garlic to an electric roaster (brisket fat side up).
- Roast at 300 degrees covered for approximately 40 minutes per pound. I roasted mine for 8 hours. It was literally falling apart when it came out of the roasting pan. If I was to do this again (and I will) I would NOT use the rack so it would sit down even more into the marinade.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.