I love this Traditional Pumpkin Pie Recipe. It is a family favorite recipe that has been passed down from my grandmother and great grandmother. I make this scrumptious pie every year for my family at Thanksgiving. I love that is it easy but I also enjoy how creamy and tasty it is. Brings back such sweet childhood memories for me.
All you need is 1 (15oz) can pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin, 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk. 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust. This is not a spicy pumpkin pie recipe. I don't like overly spicy Pumpkin Pies. If you do then you can add additional spices.
To prepare heat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Top with Whipped Cream if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
You can also make this pie gluten free as long as you use a gluten free pie crust. I like serving my pie with Homemade Whipped Cream. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too when I have it in my freezer stockpile!
I hope you enjoy this Traditional Pumpkin Pie Recipe. It is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. I enjoy making this recipe each year because it reminds me of my Grandmother and Great Grandmother. It will soon become a family favorite once you give it a try.
- 1 15oz can pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Top with Whipped Cream if desired.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.