I love the crispy apples in this tuna recipe! My Mom and I had this for lunch and we easily got hooked. It is a great way to sneak in a little fruit too! It is also naturally Gluten Free! You can make it with traditional mayonnaise or vegenaise or nayonaise for a healthier option.
Tuna Apple Salad is great served with crackers, in a pita or on an English Muffin. You can use any variety of apples but I prefer granny smith. Tuna Apple Salad is easy to make and has a nice light crunch with the addition of the apples. Perfect for lunch during Lent.
Tuna Salad Recipe
Tuna Apple Salad is easy to make and has a nice light crunch with the addition of the apples. Perfect for lunch during Lent.
- 2, 12 oz. can solid white albacore tuna in water drained well and flaked
- cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise vegenaise or nayonaise
- 1 whole diced granny smith apple
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate, add more mayonnaise, if needed.
- Stir before serving.
- Spread on bread to make sandwiches, or serve with crackers.
Some people add finely chopped celery and/or onion.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: