Tuna Casserole is a delicious one dish meal. I love the creaminess and crunchiness of this dish. The taste is amazing. My husband has never been a big fan of anything with tuna but he sure does love this Tuna Casserole. It is easy to prepare too because it only takes about 35 minutes from start to finish! When I make this for dinner I also like to make Peanut Butter Pie for dessert which is my boy's favorite.
Tuna Casserole is a great one dish meal! Perfect for Lent and budget friendly too!
- 1 package 12 ounce package egg noodles (I use whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 can 6 ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2 cans 10.75 ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can 4.5 ounce can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.