This post may contain affiliate links.
We really loved this low carb unstuffed pepper soup recipe! It was spicy and had a small kick (I used canned ro-tel). Best of all it is a Whole30 compliant and Paleo Recipe. It is healthy but your family will never realize that based on the flavor. If you are not eating Whole30 or Paleo but eating low carb you could add some shredded cheese or sour cream on top. My husband actually enjoyed this with Fritos Scoops (not Whole30) and I enjoyed it with some plantain chips on the side. You can also add some cauliflower rice if you want too.
When I originally created this recipe I thought three cups of liquid would be required however upon cooking it I realized 2 cups were enough. Feel free to do whichever you prefer. What I love is that this is an easy freezer meal that I can thaw and prepare in my slow cooker when I am ready. I am going to add this to our menu plan for the future because it was so delicious! You can purchase your onion and peppers already chopped and frozen to save time in prep.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Keto Diet Recipe as much as we did! Give this Unstuffed Pepper Soup Freezer Meal a try. You will be glad you did!
Unstuffed Pepper Soup Freezer Meal
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves crushed
- Diced tomatoes 1, 15 oz can or 2 (10 oz cans rotel)
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz - no sugar added
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage if using sausage be sure no sugar added
- 2 cup water or beef broth
Combine all ingredients except broth into a zip loc bag.
When ready to prepare thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Dump into a slow cooker and add broth or water and cook on low for 6-8 hours on low.