As you know I have been on the Whole 30 journey. I have completed three rounds and not until my 3rd round when my husband decided to join me did I create this amazing Whole 30 Compliant Chicken Salad. Even though we wrapped our last round of Whole30 on May 21st I have been making and enjoying this recipe all summer long.
I adapted this from the Applewood Farmhouse Chicken Salad Recipe making it gluten free, dairy free and most importantly delicious! My husband says it is the happiest part of his work day when he gets to enjoy his homemade Whole30 Chicken Salad which makes me happy.
I simply prep it on Sunday for the entire week and package it into portions for each of us. I would estimate that we eat 1/2 cup daily with fresh veggies and plantain chips. I will agree with him. I do look forward to lunch every day too!
Whole30 Compliant Chicken Salad
Whole 30 Compliant Chicken Salad is so good you won't realize it is healthy!
- 6-9 chicken breasts
- 1 lb organic seedless grapes
- 1/2 -3/4 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 1-2 jar Tessemae Mayonnaise or any whole30 approved mayonnaise
- Boil your chicken breasts and then drain.
- Allow to cool and then shred with a kitchen aid stand mixer
- While you chicken breasts are cooking wash and dry your grapes and then cut in half.
- I normally use 3/4 bunch total but it is your choice
- After you have shredded chicken breast stir in a large bowl (I use a large tupperware bowl) and add grapes, nuts and mayo. I normally add 2 full jars of mayo or enough for the chicken to be moist.
I have to cook a large of amount because I am prepping lunch for (2) people for (5) days however you can make this in any size quantity that you like. It is an easy way for me to prep for the week and I use any additional grapes for breakfast throughout the week for my husband.
Be sure to read my tip on how to shred chicken with a mixer!