I love these Witch Finger Cookies. My friend Kari and her husband Frank made them and when I saw them on her facebook wall I asked her I could share them with you! They did a phenomenal job! She did say that making them takes some practice so don't get disappointed if it takes you a bit. Her tip is to make them skinny because they do rise. She made the mistake at first of making them to "fat" so learn from her mistake. She is a huge Halloween fanatic and made these for her friends and they all loved them.
She also said to be sure to have fun with it! She also melted some butter and mixed it with sugar/cinnamon and brushed on them when they came out of the oven. It really gave them a great flavor. I hope you enjoy these Witch Finger Cookers! They are so much fun for Halloween! If you are hosting an adult only party they would be the perfect addition to your menu. They are sure to gets lots of attention that is for sure! I call that a Halloween win!
- 1 roll of sugar cookie dough or you can make your own and chill
- 1 cup flour
- sliced almonds
- Cocoa powder
- Red Sugar Sprinkles
- Optional - coconut and green food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix prepared or packaged cookie dough with 1 cup of flour. This step will take lots of elbow grease but it will eventually combine. The flour will help the cookies to rise.
- Shape dough into finger shapes. Keep the rolls skinny.
- Then use a knife to cut the knuckles, lines and dust with cocoa around the knuckles.
- Dip some in red sugar sprinkles to resemble blood.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and immediately, press the almond into the tip to make it look like a fingernail.
- After cooling add additional cocoa and red food coloring for blood on some if desired.
- Optional - make grass from coconut and green food coloring. Place fingers on grass and serve!