I adapted the recipe using zucchini and decided to give Zucchini Lasagna a whirl. Best of all for me is that this is naturally gluten free recipe!
Are you swimming in Zucchini? We are! This year our garden has produced and produced zucchini. So as I am staring at literally over a dozen, thinking what can I do with this, it clicks! I have a recipe for Cabbage Lasagna that my friend Jen gave me years ago that is low-carb that we love.
This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. You can make it vegetarian or with meat, your choice. If you choose no meat then just omit and add additional veggies if you desire. I personally love Zucchini Lasagna Maybe even more than the cabbage version. It is perfect for low carb or Keto and tastes delicious! When cabbage is in season you can switch and use cabbage instead too.
You could also use carrots, red pepper, green pepper and other veggies that you have in your garden to the mix. We like to serve this with French Bread and a salad but in my opinion it is complete meal in itself. You can also use cottage cheese to cut costs and reduce the fat by using a fat free version.
Paleo and Dairy Free Adaption: You could use Tofutti Dairy Free Ricotta Cheese and Daiya Dairy Free Cheese to make this Paleo and Dairy Free, omit the Parmesan. You can also use any brand of sauce you want too. Be sure to check the label if you are eating Paleo as you don't want added sugar.
Vegetarian Adaption: Omit Meat and add additional veggies like mushrooms, carrots and peppers.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 8 Points Per Serving
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini
- 30 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 24 oz tomato sauce no sugar added
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 LB ground beef cooked and drained
- In a skillet brown your ground beef and onion and drain.
- Peel and slice zucchini in long slices for form "lasagna" noodles
- Grease 9x13 pan with oil and place a layer of zucchini on the bottom of the pan. Cover the entire bottom.
- Add cooked beef and onions.
- Add sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning and 1/2 tsp garlic
- Add another layer of zucchini
- Mix Ricotta Cheese and Parmesan Cheese together and spread on top of the zucchini
- Top with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning and 1/2 tsp garlic
- Cover with 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour or until zucchini is cooked done at 400 degree temperature.
You may like these Zucchini Recipes:
How to make homemade marinara – secret ingredient zucchini
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.