My friend and college roomie Christa shared this Chicken Casserole – Freezer Cooking recipe with me. She has it on her monthly menu plan and her family loves it. I hope you enjoy it too! My family loves it as much as hers! It is a crowd pleaser for sure! WE love to serve this with Green Beans Almondine for a complete dinner!
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 1/2 Points Per Serving
- 2 c cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 pkg of Pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing mix
- Soup Mix:
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken.
- Melt butter in casserole dish. Pour melted into a bowl. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup sour cream, 2 cans of chicken broth, 1 stick of butter, 1 stalk of celery, chopped, 1 onion, chopped, 1 egg, 1 tsp sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- In buttered casserole dish, place a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, a layer of chicken, a layer of soup mix, a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix (top layer will be stuffing mix).
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.