We love these easy Crockpot Barbecue Beef Sandwiches. This is such a simple dinner recipe. It is a really filling and hearty meal and perfect for a cool autumn evening. You can serve it with corn on the cob and baked beans. Add additional BBQ sauce of your choice on the side!
- 3 to 4 pound pot roast, chuck roast or other pot roast cut
- 1 cup water with 2 beef bouillon cubes, beef base, or granules, or use 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced or grated onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- Place roast in crock pot; add water and bouillon cubes or granules, or add 1 can (approx. 10¾ ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Shred meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or on high 1½ to 2 hrs).
- Serve over split hamburger buns or dinner rolls.