Slow-Cooker Saucy Swiss Steak is an easy crockpot recipe to make and you can even make it as a freezer meal. This recipe makes a large quantity which is good if you have a large family like mine or having guests over. I like that this slow cooker recipe cooks for 10 hours which is perfect for those who work outside the home or have a busy day planned. It has a delicious sauce that you make with simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry. My husband really liked this recipe so I will be sure to cook this one again.
This recipe is so easy that everything goes into the slow cooker and you just let it go all day. To prep simply place the roast in crockpot and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine beef broth, minced onion, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard and whisk well. Pour mixture over roast and place lid on. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred meat into the sauce and stir well before serving. Serve over split hamburger buns or dinner rolls.
There is no work to be done until you are ready to serve by shredding the meat, but it will just fall apart as soon as you place a fork in it. I promise that. Be sure to give Slow-Cooker Saucy Swiss Steak a try! I am sure your family will love this one as much as we did. It is great for serving on game day or when you are tailgating too.
Slow-Cooker Saucy Swiss Steak
- 3 to 4 pound pot roast, chuck roast or other pot roast cut
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place roast in crockpot and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine beef broth, minced onion, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard and whisk well.
- Pour mixture over roast and place lid on.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Shred meat into the sauce and stir well before serving.
- Serve over split hamburger buns or dinner rolls.
More Crockpot Recipes You My Enjoy: