Hands down my favorite Southern food is Cheese Grits. When I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I freaked out a bit because I wondered about my favorite Southern Soul Food. I was so relieved when I realized grits are naturally gluten free. We literally have this delicious side dish on a monthly basis. It goes great with Steak, Ham, or Shrimp! I like to serve it with this Gluten Free Homemade Bread Recipe.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups quick cooking grits
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 13 dish with butter
- Bring water to a boil in a large dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Whisk in butter and grits.
- Reduce heat and simmer while whisking constantly for 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir 1 cup of grits into your eggs.
- Add egg mixture to your pot.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Pour into your greased 9 x 13.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 for 40 minutes or until mixture is set and starts to turn golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Gluten Free Recipes: