Valentine Butter Cookies Recipe
Source: Originally published as Valentine Butter Cookies in Country February/March 1995, p49
Recipe type: Seasonal
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Red colored sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape with a cookie press.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!