Zucchini Cupcakes are a great way to “sneak” a veggie into your kids dessert. I love this recipe and the brown sugar frosting makes them amazing! Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
You may like these Zucchini Recipes: