I am excited to share this Amazing Green Smoothie Recipe with you. As you know I love to drink green smoothies. They are full of superfoods, are gluten free and can easily be Paleo too!. I like to drink them because it is an easy way for me to get my veggies in first thing in the morning. This green smoothie is so good the kids will love it! The perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
Update: Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
Amazing Tasting Green Smoothie Recipe
- 3 cups coconut water (or filtered water)
- Large Handful Spinach
- Large Handful Kale
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup frozen Mango (or substitute any fruit)
- 1 -2 drops of lemon essential oil (or 1 tsp. lemon rind)
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped and seeds removed
- You can add Stevia if you need it sweeter.
- Add water to blender
- Add greens
- Blend greens - add more greens if desired
- Add Apple (peel included - however no core) - chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a ninja, blendtec or vitamix
- Add cucumber and celery (chopped if you don't have a ninja, blendtec or vitamix)
- Add banana (can be frozen)
- Add 1/2 cup frozen mango
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or some freshly ground lemon peel
- This recipe makes two smoothies.
- Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.