This yummy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe is a great family dinner recipe! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family's dinner for the week. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
This tasty recipe has been a family favorite dinner so far out of all the freezer meals. I served the delicious Chicken Casserole and for dessert we had Mexican Fried Ice Cream.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe is so good and it's an easy freeze oven ready supper. My whole family loved this dinner and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
- 3 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 2 cups dry Basmati rice
- 2 cans 10 oz each Enchilada sauce
- 1 can 16 oz refried beans
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 can 11 oz corn kernel, drained
- cilantro for garnish optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Label a 9x13 freezer container with date, name and cooking instructions.
- Cook the rice, I cooked it with 4 cups of water and ¼ cup of butter.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together.
- In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans and half of the cheese.
- Add rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well.
- Pour rice mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Top with corn then with remainder of cheese.
- Place lid on top and place in freezer.
- When ready to cook, remove the lid and place in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.
- Serve immediately.
Check out other amazing recipes!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.