Colored Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter! These festive deviled eggs would make a beautiful dish for the buffet that is for sure! I would follow this for how to dye the eggs but then I would use my Mom's recipe - Linda's Deviled Eggs for the filling - the best ever 🙂
A helpful tip - if you want bright eggs use more food coloring! The vinegar will not leave a taste it is set the color. I also suggest draining each color on it’s own paper towel.
This is a great post on how to make hardboiled eggs in the oven or how to hard cook them traditionally on the stove top.
Colored Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter or any special occasion. Your kids will love these!
Colored Deviled Eggs
- 10 lg hard boiled eggs
- 3 dash es food coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar for each color you are using
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice each egg in half
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place in a bowl. Set the yolks aside.
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses ⅔ of the way full with cold water.
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring along with 1 tsp vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs and allow to sit in the food coloring until desired color is reached. I could fit 3 egg whites in each of my mugs at a time.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a plate lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Then follow the recipe for Linda's Deviled Eggs for the filling.