I am so excited to share with you this recipe for how to make a complete steak dinner in a crockpot. My brother in law sent me this idea and we tweaked it to our perfection. My family was thrilled with the outcome! You can use any cut of meat that you desire. The moist cooking method of the crock pot will actually tenderize any cut of meat very well. So yes, feel free to use a cheap cut because you will never know it was! Anything you find on managers special will do.
My BIL used russet potatoes and they didn't get thoroughly cooked so when I made this recipe he gave me the idea to switch to red potatoes which worked really well. My son, husband and Walker (my sons friend) loved every single bite! This was enough to feed all four of us (the boys are 8). I did use large cuts of meat so each adult shared with the kids.
I served this with Sugar Cornbread. It was a huge hit at our house! Even my husband said he could make it! The steak was so moist and the ease of prep to finish was out of this world. I may never grill a steak again! Not to mention how great this will be in the winter. The Crockpot is a 6 qt size. I think this recipe would also work well with this steak marinade - it is seriously the BEST steak marinade ever!
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 1 bottle of Steak Sauce of Choice I used Country Bobs
- Steak Seasoning of Choice I used Rendezvous
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 4 ears of corn
- Place two (huge) Ribeye Steaks (or other cut of your choice) into the bottom of your crockpot.
- Sprinkle to cover with steak seasoning of your choice
- Pour ½ to ¾ cup steak sauce over steaks (I used almost a full bottle of Country Bobs All Purpose Sauce)
- Take a sheet of foil and top over the steaks
- Spritz the top with either cooking oil or Pam
- Place a layer of red potatoes on the foil and sprinkle sea salt over
- Add another layer of foil and cover the potatoes tightly to form a seal (this will allow the potatoes to steam
- Take 4 ears of corn and add butter, salt and pepper and roll tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the ears of corn on top of the foil and then place the lid on tight.
- Do not open the lid.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low