Country Fried Chicken with Gravy is a great southern comfort meal that my family loves! In my opinion, everything's better with gravy and lots of it. I know it's not good for the hips but boy do I like my gravy! Country Fried Chicken with Gravy is my teenager's second most requested dinner recipe it follows behind his number one requested meal which is Chicken -n- Rice.
This delicious chicken can be ready in 30 minutes and that is a huge plus for this busy mom! There is also only 8 ingredients which makes this easy and simple for me. My boys and husband always want me to serve green beans and Secret Ingredient Mashed Potatoes with the Country Fried Chicken with Gravy.
Country Fried Chicken with Gravy
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup finely crushed buttery cracker I used Club crackers
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk more or less
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to ¼-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, using meat pounder or rolling pin; set the chicken aside.
- Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Pour buttermilk into a second dish.
- Spread crushed crackers on a plate.
- Dredge chicken breasts, one at a time, in seasoned flour.
- Dip into buttermilk, then into crushed crackers to coat thoroughly, pressing with fingertips to adhere.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove to oven safe platter or cookie sheet (I use a baking stone); place in oven to keep warm.
- Put remaining cracker crumbs into skillet pan and lightly brown.
- Stir mushroom soup into drippings and crumbs.
- Combine remaining buttermilk and flour; whisk til ingredients are smooth then add to soup mixture.
- Add additional milk as needed.
- If desired you can add black pepper to gravy mixture (I added ⅛ teaspoon).
- Bring to a boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- Serve chicken accompanied with gravy.
Southern Comfort Recipes
Gluten Free Southern Comfort Recipes
Check out these 3 Ingredient Cookie and Treat Recipes
THREE INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - Three ingredient peanut butter cookies are my go to cookie recipe for an easy peanut butter cookie.
COCOA MARSHMALLOW TREATS - Cocoa Marshmallow Treats are such a fun and an inventive way to make a kid friendly dessert!
Mallow Treat Bars - This is a great kid-friendly recipe that kids of all ages can assist in making.
Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats - This Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats recipe is amazing and so easy to prepare! They taste so good that you can't tell they are gluten free.
FROZEN GRAHAM CRACKER TREATS - These Frozen Graham Cracker Treats are perfect for summer. I made these easy dessert treats in less than ten minutes.
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT S'MORES - Too cold for S'mores? Think again! Check out this easy and delicious recipe for Microwave Chocolate Hazelnut S'Mores!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.