Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes are an easy side dish recipe that can be made in the slow cooker! You must try this delicious crockpot side dish recipe. I must admit I was a little hesitant to make this because I thought it would burn in the slow cooker. It did burn a crispy edge around the outside edge but that is it. When you make this in the oven you get that same crispy edge.
My whole family had seconds and loved it! The nice thing about this slow cooker recipe is you only need 7 ingredients plus salt and pepper if desired. I will be making this recipe over the holidays this yearso I can save my oven for the ham. Be sure to put this on your list to make!
Be sure to give this Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes recipe a try. I promise you that once you do you will be happy! It is soon to be your family favorite! My kids ask for this all of the time!
- 1 - 26-32 ounce bag frozen hash browns or freeze dried hash browns add 1 cup water/milk if using freeze dried
- 1 - 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 - 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 - cup onion chopped fine
- 2 1/2 - cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - cup butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- In a large bowl add the hash browns thawed or frozen, sour cream, soup, onion, shredded cheese, milk and melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Spoon hash brown mixture in a 4 quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done.
- The casserole should be crispy on the sides and bubbly throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.