Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so delicious and easy to prepare! I like to serve it for the holidays when my family is over for dinner. I also like to make this dessert during the summer time too for Sunday dinner. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare the cake and then put it in the oven and forget about it for 45 minutes. This easy dessert can be put together in minutes and then you can prepare dinner while it bakes. No one will realize how simple it is to prepare.
This cake is so easy that you only need five ingredients to make it. I usually have all the items on hand in my pantry because they are either stockpile things or staples that I have. Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so good and you will definitely want to try it! My best tip is that you can make it gluten free when you use a gluten free cake mix! My family always thinks I spent so much time when in reality this cake is so easy to make. Perfect for picnics and cookouts too. Be sure to give this easy dessert recipe a try.
When storing this cake cover it and keep it on the counter for best results enjoy it within 2-3 days. We never have any leftovers because it is so good. One of our readers says "This cake is delicious! So simple! Tastes like it took hours to make. Thanks for sharing!"
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 6 oz jar maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar, next place a cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.