Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so delicious good! I like to serve it for the holidays when my family is over. I like to make this scrumptious dessert during the summer time too for Sunday dinner. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare the cake and then put it in the oven and forget about it for 45 minutes. If you are like me you can take this time to switch laundry or get dinner started.
This cake is so easy that you only need five ingredients to make it. I usually have all the items on hand in my pantry because they are either stockpile things or staples that I have. Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so good and you will definitely want to try it! Best of all you can make it gluten free when you use a gluten free cake mix!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can 20 oz pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar 6 oz maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar, next place a cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.