This Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe is one of my favorite side dish recipes to make! It’s my favorite because I love potatoes. I am being serious, I love mashed, fried, baked, red or sweet. Sometimes my husband gets tired of potatoes so I like to change up my recipe. This is one of his favorites. I feel like potatoes can go as a side dish to most meals. So if you are like me, then you will love these Twice Baked Potatoes as a side dish recipe.
So for this recipe I first “baked” the potatoes in the microwave (feel free to use the oven). I have this super dandy microwavable pouch I got many moons ago at a local craft fair. You place the potatoes in the pouch and cook in the microwave for about 8 minutes and you have perfect “baked” potatoes. You can actually do this with or without the pouch so no worries if you don’t have one. After they came out of the microwave I then scooped the flesh out of them and mixed in the cheese and other ingredients with the potato flesh. Next I refilled the skins with the mixture and then placed them in the oven the oven for about ten minutes.
This recipe is great if you are hosting a dinner party. Your guests will be impressed for sure. Be sure to give Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe a try, you will not be disappointed! I hope you enjoy this inexpensive side dish recipe as much as we do!
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe that will become your favorite side dish!
- 4-6 whole russet potatoes cleaned and dried
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook potatoes in microwave for about 8 minutes, if desire poke holes with a fork in them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the potatoes are soft, slice in half and scoop out the potato into a medium size bowl.
- Add in 1 cup shredded cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Scoop potato mixture into potato shell, do all shells until filled.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right away.
More Potato Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.