I LOVE Lemon! This Gluten Free Lemon Lover’s Cupcakes is a super easy recipe and so moist and delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I like to keep these in my freezer so that when I need something sweet I have them handy. Also a great tip for going to birthday parties because you can bring your own sweet treat! Starting with a gluten free cake mix no one would ever know your secret!
Gluten Free Lemon Lover’s Cupcakes are so moist and delicious. This is seriously the best cupcake ever!
Gluten Free Lemon Lover's Cupcakes
Gluten Free Lemon Lover's Cupcakes are so moist and delicious. This is seriously the best cupcake ever!
- 1 box 15 oz Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir cake mix, water, 1/2 cup melted butter, the eggs and lemon peel just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed until mixed. Add remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until creamy and smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon peel.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting.